Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, July 28, 2005

On Performing..

I love to perform.. Ever since grade school, i already joined singing contests and stuff... I remember when I was in Grade 6, we won the group singing contest (singing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen/The Braids) --- Champion! In high school, i was also able to participate to a lot of those contests. Me and Joy [Villanueva] won 3rd place in 2nd year (Duet Singing Contest) and in 4th year, Paeng [Espinosa] and I won the 1st place in Singing (Linggo ng Wika).

These are the songs i performed solo:

1. Remember Me This Way by Jordan Hill - 1st year high school
2. Panunumpa by Carol Banawa - 4th year high school in mass
3. I Will Be Here by Gary Valenciano - for our 4th year graduation with Barry [Nepomuceno]
4. Stay by Carol Banawa - 1st year in BS Arch 2nd sem (for our UP Arkaira apps' party)
5. Friend Of Mine revived by Leah Salonga - 1st year in BS Arch 2nd sem (for UP Arkaira's concert)
6. Let The Pain Remain revived by Leah Salonga - twice for UP Arkaira's Pasiklaban sa Arki and here at our subdivision)

There were other songs i've already sang when i was still in grade school but i can't remember the titles anymore.

Anyway, i was also a member of 2 bands in my high school years. 2nd year - Red Eyed Maidens, 3rd & 4th year - Quadix which we changed to Polypropylene ( i found out in my Nat Sci I class in UP that polypropylene is actually a kind of plastic.. and all the while i thought it was original!!)

Although we already became disbanded (because we got to different schools in college), i still managed to perform every now and then -- for our college and for my UP SAVER org. These are the songs i already performed in high school:

7. Time After Time by Inoj
8. One song by Wolfgang - i can't remember the title
9. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia
10. There She Goes by Sixpence None the Richer
11. Sway by Bic Runga
12. Ex-Girlfriend by No Doubt
13. Bakit Ngayon Ka lang revived by Freestyle with Pops Fernandez
14. I'd Still Say Yes by Klymaxx
15. 'Til I Found You by Freestyle

In college now, we do acoustics:

16. Sway by Bic Runga (again)
17. Cool With You by Jennifer Love Hewitt
18. Torn by Natalie Imbruglia (again)
19. Sunny Came Home by Shawn Colvin
20. Don't Throw It All Away revived by Jennifer Love Hewitt
21. Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer
22. I Do by Lisa Loeb
23. A Little Bit by MYMP
24. Loving You by Nina
25. Same Ground by Kitchie Nadal
26. Ode To My Family by Cranberries
27. Tattooed on My Mind by D'Sound (twice -- for Arki and for UP Saver)
28. Another Day by Mojofly
29. Especially For You revived by MYMP
30. Don't Throw It All Away by Jennifer Love Hewitt (again)
31. Tell Me Where It Hurts revived by MYMP

The last two we performed yesterday at EEE's Lab Week. I actually liked our performance yesterday -- the audience too! Too bad because there were only a few who attended the orientation. I am hoping we could sing Tell Me Where It Hurts again. It's such a beautiful song. Ü

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger your hip-piness said...

oo ba. Ü

 

Post a Comment

<< Home